Monday, November 01, 2004

Vote Reality

I was scrolling through the full list of presidential candidates at Project Vote Smart and I came across one write-in candidate who/that goes by the name/title of "Reality." According to PVS, Reality has declined to answer their political issues survey though it has been requested 23 times! I always knew Reality was not all it was cracked up to be. But it begs the question - don't you have to be a flesh-and-blood person to run for president? and 35? I know that corporations can be protected as individuals for free speech purposes. And certainly GWB might as well be a holographic image - the surreal-est, post-toastiest one yet. Is "Reality" a person, corporation, or idea? All three at once? Having drifted into the ethereal skies of mass media and far away to the spinterlands, I think the culture is ready to vote Reality. I predict he/she/it will make an unexpected showing - taking more votes away from Kerry than Bush, unfortunately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home