Sunday, February 18, 2007

"Militainment, Inc." Wildfire

If you want a quick and easy way to watch "Militainment, Inc.," a number of folks have posted the video online.

The YouTube competitor VeOh has got the whole 2hr thing up, and you can watch it straight through. This is the newest version, which was put up six days ago. It has gotten about a thousand hits a day since then, and it was listed among their top ten most popular downloads for the week.

It's on YouTube in 10 minute segments.

If you're into BitTorrent, you can download the film from Chomsky Torrents.

Or from PirateBay Torrents.

And you can download a higher quality copy directly from my school server.

I'm kind of overwhelmed by the spread of this film and the amount of activity. My web server downloads the film about 100 times a day. I just discovered the VeOh thing.

The Media Education Foundation will be distributing this video soon. If you want to inquire about when this will be or reserve a copy, I would suggest that you contact them. The video will be offered at an institutional price - probably in the range of $100-150.

I'm also planning a showing at the University of Georgia's Tate Center theater soon as well as the Athens Anarchist Collective. I'll be doing a showing at Lewis and Clarke College in Portland, OR on Tuesday, Feb. 27. And in around March 12, I'll be showing the film at the University of Delaware. So I'm pleased with the response. Enjoy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank so much Mr Stahl for producing this video. I've shown it around to friends and they've all said what an eye-opener it is. I look forward to whatever future projects you have planned.

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was researching a story on militarism in entertainment when I came across this wonderful documentary. Wow, what an effort on your part. I don't think I've every come across something that's put together all the pieces in such a comprehensive manor. As someone who boycotts the major news outlets, I missed out on a lot of that coverage in the lead up to the war. Your video makes it easy to understand why the American Public thinks the way it does about war. I plan on printing a link to your site with the story.

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home