Friday, July 27, 2007

Militainment Exposure


Since I've been in exile from this blog machine, there have been some interesting developments. The Media Education Foundation is working hard on getting the film printed. Above is the proposed box cover. Snazzy. For now, you can still watch a low quality version of the unmastered film here (it's about 245 MB). The film has its own website now and has "left the nest." Please see: www.militainmentthemovie.com. Here's the trailer:



The book, tentatively titled Militainment, Inc., is also on the way. I'm getting it out to publishers as I write.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work Roger, I'm excited to see this text as I really enjoyed the documentary.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found this site and some of the info about your new movie. I remember noticing years ago that for some reason Hollywood began making military-friendly movies again. This was ramped up a good bit during the Clinton years. Your postings seem to be heavily academic. I would like to see something a bit more journalistic such as: who were the persons who drove the making of all the key military-friendly movies since, say, Tom Cruise's "Top Gun." Do these persons have any obvious, or less than obvious, connections to national right-wing and GOP political organizations, think tanks, etc.? My recollection is that the ball really got going in Hollywood after that flick.

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, I found this site via the blog (http://silverinsf.blogspot.com/2006_10_01_archive.html) by David Silver, Media Studies at U San Fran, whose site I found while googling about the recently murdered black journalist Chauncey Bailey of Oakland.

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home