Monday, October 23, 2006

"Militainment, Inc." Goes Live

I just got word from Sut Jhally that the Media Education Foundation will be distributing "Militainment, Inc." beginning in the spring of '07. I'm quite pleased as I think MEF is the perfect venue for such a film.

Sadly, I'm going to be taking the free version offline soon. I'm confident that by the time MEF gets through mastering the video, though, it will be much more pleasing to the eye. So those of you looking to get a copy on your library shelves, look this spring.

Woohoo! In celebration, I'm offering this printable Topps trading card featuring Condi Rice. Collect them all!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The videogame chapter is the most informed I have seen or read. Thank you for putting the information out there. As a US Army veteran and videogame designer, I was deeply touched by this exposition of propaganda. Making war entertaining goes against my grain to the core. You've done a remarkable job presenting a seemingly unbiased argument that the military is exploiting games for recruitment into the largest corporation of killing on the planet.

1:00 PM  
Blogger thebaffler said...

Thanks for the good word, David. If you want to read more on this subject, Ed Halter (who writes for the Village Voice) just came out with a book called From Sun Tzu to Xbox: War and Video Games. Also, you might check out James Der Derian's book Virtuous War.

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on a job well done Roger. Other former students and myself have really enjoyed furthering our Stahlian education. Keep up the good work and I hope all is well.

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw this when you first put it up.

The technofetishism installment is surreal.

When it's compiled like you have done, it's so obvious and undeniable.

If I watch cable news, I don't even pay attention to what the perception being projected is, I just pick-a-part every instance of blatant and subliminal technofetishism.

Wish you had a trailer available now that you have taken it down.

The website you point to, has been down too.

http://www.mediaed.org/

4:02 AM  
Blogger thebaffler said...

Yes, I wonder why the MEF site is down. This must have happened just recently. I'm sure they'll get it back up. I'm glad you liked the technofetishism chapter.

The final version of the video is coming off the presses today. It's cleaner and more personalized - with my talking head in it. That was a request that MEF made, so there I am.

In stores soon!

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home